Thank you from your winner – Craig!

Students, we want to hear from you too! Click here to go to your profile survey and tell us what you think for a chance to win a £20 voucher!

We asked Craig to tell us about winning I’m a Scientist, and here is what he said…

I’d first like to say a big thank you to everyone who took the time to vote for me. I’ve really enjoyed doing “I’m A Scientist, get me out of here!”, it has been so much fun talking to you all and fielding your questions along with the other fantastic Organs Zone scientists Marta, Natalie, Devon and Nicholas. I had never imagined I would win, I’m still shocked but extremely delighted and humbled.

I’d like to thank the moderators for organising the event and keeping everything running so smoothly. You guys made everything easy and stress free! I was worried that the event would take me away from my experiments but it was easy to juggle everything. Plus, the live chats were something to look forward to every day.

I’d like to say thanks to students for embracing the live chats with so much enthusiasm. It was so much fun to listen to all our questions. I was super impressed by the diversity and depth of all of them as well; you really put me to work! This has also been a great opportunity for me to take a step back and approach my work with a new perspective and I’m heading back to the lab with a renewed enthusiasm. I’d like to take the opportunity to thank Marta, Natalie, Devon and Nicholas as well, I learnt a lot of cool things!

Now that the event is over I’ll miss the hours frantically typing while trying to chat to you all (my viruses are nowhere near as appreciative!) but I’ll begin working on my photo project as soon as I can. As someone who has often wished for more role models in their career, I hope that this competition has helped show you that scientists are diverse, relatable and don’t just fit into one box.

Finally, I’d just like to say thanks again. I had the absolute best time!
Cheers,
Craig

Posted on March 22, 2017 by modmichaela in News. Leave a comment.